Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Window Shopping Wednesday

This week I am focusing on books I am in current love with and may soon (probably not) have to have. This will probably come from checking them out at the library.

First up is Patriarchs by Beth Moore. I am reading the Bible in 90 days right now and have gotten through the parts with Abraham, Isaac adn Jacob. I founf it very interesting and would love to study it more in detail.



Second is Power of Praying Parent by Stormie Omartain. In our Life Group through church we are covering a parenting study. It gives us parents attributes that are important to growing ur children and I need to work on being prayful for my husband and Lilly.



This past November I read Witch and Wizard by James Patterson and was highly anticipating the sequel that came out in December, The Gift. I need to check it out from the library or wait till paperback. It is a very good YA novel series that goes back to the good old good vs. evil.



I was lucky enough to be invited to a book swap back in Decemeber through my long-term sub job and I was trying to fnd a book to take and while purusing the shelves I found this one. (I did not end up taking it) It is from the same author of Pillars of the Earth and actually is somewhat of a sequel. I just fell in love that day and have been looking for a reason to go grab it ever since. I also receved two good book from the swap and as soon as I finish them I will let you know how they went.
My favorite type of book is a retelling of a Fairy Tale. There is nothing I like more. The Once Upon a Time Series is just that. I have already read Violet Eyes another look at The Princess and the Pea. This is another look at a not so frequent but quite recently told story of Rapunzel. I have not seen Tangled yet but fairy tale + disney= my cup of tea.





Doodle Stitching is an embroidery book. I am all about embroidery now...because it is not like I don't have a billion other things to do!





Doodle Stitching the Motif Collection is from the same author. I think this would be better explained after I do some work.






Another Beth Moore book I am dying to have my hands on is Daniel. I think Daniel is my favorite book of the Bible and I want to study it more in depth. I think I will ask my Life Group to do this book next.






Finally another OUAT book. The Crimson Thread, a retelling of Rumplestiltskin. ~swoon~






That's all she wrote folks.





No comments:

Post a Comment