Friday, August 13, 2010

A Quilt and a Book Challenge

Ok so I have completely finished my very first quilt top! It went sooooo fast.

I took 20 minutes to cut all the peices and another 30 minutes the next night to put it all together and sew it together. It is machine done even though I was gonna do it by hand I just had no patience. I wanted instant gratification. I love love it though. My big computer has a virus so no pic today but asap I promise.

I went and got the batting and the backing and the saftey pins so now on to basting!

Also I decided to join a book challenge even though there are only 4 months left in it!

It is hosted by Crazy Book Slut. Horrible name for a family friendly site but what can ya do? It is the Once Upon A Time Challenge where I am to read 5 fairy Tales from another perspective.
Ok so I am officially in and now so accountable.

My first book will be Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley, then Mirror, Mirror by Greogry Macguire and my last planned book is Thornspell by McKinley as well. Then I would like to read one on The Princess and the Pea, The Twelve Dancing Princesses and maybe even Rumpelstiltskin. I will keep you updated.




No comments:

Post a Comment