Thursday, September 2, 2010

All ups and downs then some ups

So here lately we as a family have had some ups and downs.

I have been in the search for a job for over a year now, though the first 6 to 8 months were quietly looking for a job. I am teacher and we definitely have a "hiring season" and it is over this year already. I busted my hump trying to get a job. Ok a little back story...

December 2007 I graduated from Texas A&M University with a BA in History and English. I jumped right back in at A&M to get my M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction. This also got me my Teacher's certification and a job at the 3rd largest district in Texas, Cypress-Fairbanks ISD. I taught 10th grade World History at the ripe old age of 22. Some of my students were the same age as my younger, still in college, husband. I loved my job and took pride in it.

Along comes November and guess what?!?! Lilly is on her way and will be here the next summer. So my mom and other family member express they would like us to move home now that Clayton will be graduating in December and I can get a teaching position anywhere. (sure!)

We move 5 hours back home when I am 33 weeks. I have to find a new dr and everything is crazy mode. I look back and can't even believe we did it. Neither of us had jobs and we ended up moving into the in-laws quarters behind Clayton's dad's house. It was supposed to be only for a few months till things took off. Things still haven't taken off. Clayton has worked at Alcon 9great company) as a temp for almost 18 months and I have been on the job hunt.

I absolutely took it as a blessing that I was ablse to stay home with Lilly her first year of life. Now it is time for us to grow as a family though. We need our own house and we want to have some brothers and sisters for Lilly soon.

So this was our plight....

School has started and still no teaching job even though I have 3! certifications now! Nothing.

But on the good side is I got hired yesterday to be a long term sub for a teacher here where we are from. It is not a teaching position but it is a foot in the door they say.

Dang "they". They never have anything good to say do they.

Sorry for all the whining and "woe is me" because really this is me being happy and grateful and blessed that I have something!

No comments:

Post a Comment